Wednesday 20 October 2010

Louis Den Beat Cypher 12 Spotlight - Mazzie

Next up on Beat Cypher 12's lineup is young Mazzie aka Mazworth, Mazzie is longtime LouisDen fam, he's been a participant in both Louis Den Leagues (08/09) as well as numerous homeworks and even made the mission from Devon to link up for our Dilla Tribute session back in Feb '08. He's also part of the production duo "Mazzaro" alongside Den staple Figaro.

Anyway pay your dues and you'll get your shot; Mazzies has and here he is! enjoy his spotlight blog (was all typed up on a blackberry apparently lolz)


1)Hey!!, please introduce yourself to everybody; let us know who you are what you do and how long you've been doing it!.
Sup all my names Mazzie aka Mazworth, I'm a beat maker from the Southwest now residing in Manchester. I've been producing for around 5 or so years, I'm currently studying a BA in 'Music Production' so I'm now getting to grips with the whole recording and engineering side of things

2) Was there a defining moment (event / hearing a record etc) that led you into making beats / becoming a producer?.
When I was younger I was mainly into Drum and Bass, I used to buy all the Heltah Skeltah and One Nation cassette tapes, it was a big influence for me at the time, but on the Hip Hop side of things hearing Dre and Dillas stuff set the ball rolling for me and spured me on to trying my own hand at beat making. As well as influential producers and artists, close friends and a lot of the den heads are the reason why I picked up on beat making.

3) What was your first peice of equipment and what were those beats like?, any interesting stories about things were doing to begin with / finding your feet?
At the beginning I didn't really own any hardware, I just wanted to get my hands on any piece of music programme software. A friend gave me Reason 2.5, which is what I repped for a while, the beats I made on Reason were pretty swag, I wasn't feeling the whole reason refills...this is when I copped a Mac and switched to Logic!

4) Whats the one bit of advice youd give to anyone starting out today?
Keep grinding away don't give up, you will find you're own creative sound, devlop it and see where it takes you. Network with other artists they will spur you on and inspire you.

5) What can heads expect from you at LOUIS DEN BEAT CYPHER?
You will hear a range of styles, from synth bangers to chilled boom-bap beats! Keep your ears open and enjoy!

  • Hit @Mazworth Up On Twitter
  • Mazzie on Myspace
  • Hear Mazzie music on his Bandcamp
  • No comments: