Thursday 13 August 2009

Louis Den Beat Cypher 06 Spotlight - FS GREEN

Our spotlight blogs disappeared for the last beat cypher (was a bit too much work planning that one) and this one was tricky too but we've got them to drop and they'll appear today!!, for those not sure whether to attend the beat cypher or those who dont know what to expect (you better decide quick) you can use these blogs to get familiar with the line up!!, read digest download and pass on!!.

Hey!!, please introduce yourself to everybody; let us know who you are what you do and how long you've been doing it!.
I’m FS Green, 20 year old producer from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I made my first beat in FL Studio in 2004, when I was 15, I did my first production on an EP in 2006, so that’s about 3 years back.

Was there a defining moment (event / hearing a record etc) that led you into making beats / becoming a producer?
I think it was when "The Ownerz" by Gangstarr and Kanye’s "Collage Dropout" came out in ’03 and ’04. These where probably the first records for me that I started paying attention to the producers behind the songs. When I started off, I was also really influenced by everything that came out of New York basically. I went to NY for the first time in 2004, that really inspired me.


What was your first peice of equipment and what were those beats like?, any interesting stories about things were doing to begin with / finding your feet?
My first program was Fruity Loops, and I still use it. I never used hardware, just a bunch of different midi-controllers. I remade a lot of beats to get accustomed with the program, I still do it by the way.


Whats the one bit of advice youd give to anyone starting out today?
Whatever you do, just make sure you never flip “Stop, Look and Listen” by Dianne Ross and Marvin Gaye.


What can heads expect from you at LOUIS DEN BEAT CYPHER?
Not much, haha.



FREE MUSIC PRODUCED BY FS GREEN!
  • Rookie season (2007 - 2009) - 25 track compilation album

  • "Home Made" (FS GREEN, FULL CRATE and GRAND JACKSON) - Feel Like (featuring Mar)
    (from the upcoming HOME MADE 6 track EP produced for Bacardi endorsed "Visita")
  • The State Beat Tape (produced for State Magazine)

    iamfsgreen.net Official FS Green
    FS Green on Myspace
    Get @FSGREEN on Twitter!
  • No comments: