Thursday 22 October 2009

Louis Den Beat Cypher 07 Spotlight - Apatight

Tonight's the night!!, Louis Den Beat Cypher 07 lands at the Sunflower Lounge Birmingham 21:00 till late featuring beat showcases from Apatight | Dockmini | Knox Brown and Naive, gonna hit you off with the remaining spotlight blogs to get you more familiar with the nights line up, and now...Hudds finest, APATIGHT!.

I found out about Apz a long long time ago, always heard his name mentioned in producer circles but finally got round to hearing a sick beat mix on his myspace back in like '06 (stanned that off too...recording it off and bumping it in the whip lol). Apz ended up hitting up the odd Louis Den challenge and the 2008 league and its been on since!.



Hey!!, please introduce yourself to everybody; let us know who you are what you do and how long you've been doing it!.
Whats good peoples?

I go by the name of Apatight aka ayepee producer,beatmaker,crate digga think there is still an mc inside me somewhere ive been been making beats for about 10 years hmmm I dont think id call em beats before that im trying to be more of a producer these days.


Was there a defining moment (event / hearing a record etc) that led you into making beats / becoming a producer?.
Erm I think ive always been interested in the music and liked songs more for the beat I guess but I was just a young mc trying to put some tracks together with my spar from arround my way in deighton dint even have a computer myself but he made the beats dope but less sample based and I asked him how what is it that makes dj premier pete rock sound so different and he said they sample ...me I didnt really know what was so he explained and I was thats what im gonna do so I started making beats er cough cough, trying to make beats.

What was your first peice of equipment and what were those beats like?, any interesting stories about things were doing to begin with / finding your feet?
First things that got me going was a bunch of records and cds from various family members who had bits of old soul and rock lying around, cubasis not even vst soundforge.

I think it was vienna soundfont studio and with that I could sample bits and put them on keys using soundfonts I think those beats was like a new born deer or somethin taking its first steps the right idea just abit all over the gaff lmao we dint have the latest tech in a one speed cd burner so I use to go out the pc into the mic input on little stereo and do some hissy beats tapes.

Whats the one bit of advice youd give to anyone starting out today?
Advice if I even qualify to give it..

Try things, think different, learn from your idols with so many people making beats today everyone raps and everyone makes beats try and stand out and have your own signature

What can heads expect from you at LOUIS DEN BEAT CYPHER?
Heads can expect me to bring a taste of things to come in the near future, thanks for inviting me down im a fan and its a privilege to take part to what looks to be another dope louisden beatcypher!


Get At Apatight Online!
On Twitter (@Apatight)
On Myspace

No comments: