Wednesday 9 December 2009

Louis Den Beat Cypher 08 Spotlight - Chemo

Beat Cypher countdown starts now!! I know a lot of the Den fam are going to be making the trip up and down the country for whats become our every other month geek out!!, looking mad forward to it!

We've got another Spotlight blog to drop, this time on Chemo, man of many aliases and many a dope beat...read and digest below and check out the links for more info and free music!.



1) Hey!!, please introduce yourself to everybody; let us know who you are what you do and how long you've been doing it!.
My name is David Webb | Young Dave | Chemo | Papa Chemo | Telemachus | Mick Tape | Cheembo Slice | DJ Bum Hands, and i paint with sound.


2) Was there a defining moment (event / hearing a record etc) that led you into making beats / becoming a producer?.
Medina Green - Crosstown Beef, Jehst - 1979 (dont tell him that though)


3) What was your first peice of equipment and what were those beats like?, any interesting stories about things were doing to begin with / finding your feet?
My first foray was when i used a mixer to play sped up drum breaks over classic fm and record them to tape, I'm sure you can imagine the results were somewhat erratic yet i was so impressed with myself at the time.

Then i started using Acid Pro 1 briefly and progressed to the MPC2000 which i used for 2-3 years, becoming quite proficient (even teaching a few people some MPC tips along the way!). I subsequently moved back to Acid Pro which i have been using ever since which has really shaped how I work. I have a real love-hate relationship with the MPC, I seem to buy one every year and sell it again after 6 months... I currently have a 2500 at home which im still undecided about... I need someone like Jaisu to show me the light!

4) Whats the one bit of advice youd give to anyone starting out today?
Your arms are too short to box with gods.

AND

Stay away from THE BELLTREE. Please. Please.

5) What can heads expect from you at LOUIS DEN BEAT CYPHER?
Long legs, bad jokes and a shit beard.




And of course it goes without saying, CHEMO along with GHOSTTOWN, BUDGIE and WIZARD will be providing the beats at LOUIS DEN BEAT CYPHER 08 which is TOMORROW (10th Dec '09) at Soundbar, Birmingham UK, more details here - http://bit.ly/5Qb9TC.

1 comment:

Jamin said...

whats wrong with the belltree? im puttin in extra belltree in all my beats now