Tuesday 27 April 2010

Beat Cypher 09 Spotlight - Eric Lau

Ok so despite the beat cypher being done, we still had one more spotlight blog to post, Meta's didnt arrive but Eric's was left so here go!.



1) Hey!!, please introduce yourself to everybody; let us know who you are what you do and how long you've been doing it!.
I'm Eric Lau, im a producer and i make music from a hip hop perspective regardless of genre. Been producing for around 7-8 years.

2) Was there a defining moment (event / hearing a record etc) that led you into making beats / becoming a producer?.
Yes! My friend lending Hip Hop Ejay to me when I was at Uni! Premier/Pete Rock made me want to become a beat maker. Dilla made me want to become a producer.

3) What was your first peice of equipment and what were those beats like?, any interesting stories about things were doing to begin with / finding your feet?
First equipment was a standard PC with Hip Hop Ejay and a plastic microphone. Beats were kinda jiggy and a lot more commercial sounding.

4) Whats the one bit of advice youd give to anyone starting out today?
Have fun with it!

5) What can heads expect from you at LOUIS DEN BEAT CYPHER?
Me basically! I havent had many hip hop releases recently so expect to hear some harder stuff.

FYI..eric SMACKED IT!!..footage coming soon.

No comments: